PIANC HQ is calling for nominations from Member National Sections to participate in the following three new Maritime Navigation Commission (MarCom)Working Groups.
If you would like to represent the Australian & New Zealand National Section of PIANC on any of these Working Groups we would be delighted to receive your application. Please advise if you qualify as a Young Professional (YP – 40 years or younger) as there are two positions available in each Working Group, one of which is for a YP.
How to Apply:
Please forward your application before 3 July 2020 to:
– Peter Fountain (MarCom Commission Lead ANZ) firstname.lastname@example.org and to
– Greg Britton, (Head Commission Lead ANZ) email@example.com
Your application should include a detailed CV/Resume with a short covering letter outlining:
1. Your experience in the particular technical field;
2. Why the WG is relevant for the Australian / NZ content and the direct benefits of participation;
3. A commitment that upon return from an overseas meeting, you will prepare (for distribution to all members) a short report providing an overview & outcomes of the WG meeting etc;
4. Whether or not you are seeking to access TAP funding; and
5. Whether you qualify as a Young Professional.
All nominations must be received no later than 3 July 2020.
Please note that Working Group Members need to be Individual Members of PIANC, working for a Corporate Member or Platinum Partner, be an invited expert or a be a member of a Sister Organisation.
A Selection Committee will review all nominations received and make a final recommendation to the PIANC A&NZ Chair.
Please be aware that membership of a Working Group does require your active participation. This includes attending Working Group meetings (pre-Covid -19 this was usually at international locations) or as a ‘Corresponding Member’ if you do not want to undertake the normal travel requirements of full membership. If you are expert in the field and would like to influence the outcome of the Working Group we encourage you to participate as fully as you are able.
All costs associated with membership must be borne by either yourself or your employer, however PIANC Australia & New Zealand has recently introduced a Travel Assistance Policy to partially assist with travel & attendance at Working Group meetings, in order to promote Australian and New Zealand technical input into these important WG activities. Many of our members are currently active on a select number of PIANC Working Groups and they do produce significant outcomes that benefit maritime matters in our region. Under the TAP, up to $2,000 funds are payable post travel upon the successful completion of a WG Summary Report and production of relevant travel receipts.