Due to PIANC A-NZ’s growing membership base and our desire to increase involvement throughout our large geographical area, we have recently undergone a restructuring to create six Regional Chapters within our National Section.
These Regional Chapters are:
2. South Australia
3. Northern Territory & Queensland
4. New South Wales & ACT
5. Victoria & Tasmania
6. New Zealand ( and yes we know New Zealand is a separate (and wonderful) country and not a region of Australia!)
Each Regional Chapter now has an independent leadership committee with responsibility to manage its own regional events and communications while also reporting to, and liaising with, the National (ANZ) Board.
Regional YP Representatives Wanted!
Great news for our Young Professional (YP) members is that there is a position for a YP Representative on each Regional Chapter’s leadership committee. The primary role of the Regional YP Rep is to:
• Participate in the Regional Chapter leadership committee. This will primarily involve supporting the Regional Chapter with planning regional events and engaging with regional Young Professionals.
• Report to and liaise with the ANZ YP Chair on Regional and National YP events and communications.
This will include participating in routine conference calls with the YP Chair and other Regional YP Reps (approximately once every 4-6 weeks).
The YP Rep role is a great opportunity to become more involved in PIANC, to develop your professional network and to advance your career!
YP Rep Qualifications and Application Process
We are now soliciting applications across ANZ for Regional YP Representatives. The qualifications we are looking for include the following:
1. You must be aged 40 years or younger.
2. You must be highly motivated and willing to volunteer a few hours of your own time every month to fulfil your role.
3. Ideally you are an excellent communicator and have a network that extends to students and young professionals in your region.
4. Ideally you are involved (or have a keen interest) in the coastal, maritime and waterborne transport infrastructure sector.
5. Ideally you are able to serve in the role for the next 12 months.
If you are interested in applying for the YP Rep role for one of our Regional Chapters, please prepare a 1-page statement with the following information:
• Name, age, location and contact details
• Relevant qualifications/experience
• Short summary of why you are best suited for the role
Please email your applications to the YP-Com Chair (Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 10th 2019.
Appointments will be announced shortly thereafter. Unsuccessful applicants may still be provided with opportunities to support, so don’t miss out!
We look forward to your submissions and good luck!