Date(s) - 21/06/2018 - 22/06/2018
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Portside Conference Centre
207 Kent St, Sydney
I am delighted to advise that registration is now open for our upcoming seminar in Sydney on Port Planning: Trends, Issues and Hot Topics.
The seminar will be opened by Grant Gilfillan, Chief Executive Officer and Director of the Port Authority of New South Wales, and will include presentations from experts from port authorities, industry, consultants, academia and regulators, including Aspec Engineering, Ausenco, GHD, Mid West Port Authority, Mott Macdonald, Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group, North Queensland Bulk Ports, NSW Ports, Port of Newcastle, UNSW and Westport. Further details are below and attached.
Presentations topics include the following:
- Master Planning from the Port perspective; and from a consultant perspective including a number of cases studies
- A review of available guidelines, identification of challenges, and discussion on measuring success factors in the development of a Port Masterplan
- NSW Ports – 30 Year Master Plan
- Port Planning in a changing climate
- Port Planning in a Working with Nature Framework
- New PIANC Guidelines and Key Considerations for the Design of Dry Bulk Marine Terminals
- Port Planning with Dynamic Terminal Simulation
- Structured Decision Making in Long-term Planning for Navigational Infrastructure
Location: The seminar will be convened at the Portside Conference Centre, 207 Kent St, Sydney CBD, NSW 2000. The Portside Centre is just a short three minute walk to Wynyard Station for easy access to the airport.
Times: The seminar will be held on June 21/22. To accommodate interstate travel the seminar will start at 11:30 Thursday 21 and conclude at 1400 (after lunch) the following day Friday, June 22. A social cocktail event will be hosted on the night of June 21 at the Helm Bar on Darling Harbour (included in registration).
Registration: The registration fee for the event is $395 inc GST (for all PIANC members) and $550 inc GST (for non-members). Online registration and payment is available here. Note that limited spaces are available.
Annual General Meeting: The PIANC Annual General Meeting, including Board elections, will be held following the seminar on 22 June (1400-1600 at the same venue). All members are cordially invited to attend and we encourage your participation. Please contact William Glamore directly if you would like further information on the AGM or to get involved with PIANC Aus/NZ. Any level of involvement is welcome and appreciated.
Additional information: For further information on the seminar (or to request an invoice) please email Mary O’Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org), cc to Neil Lawson (email@example.com). To register via email please include your name, contact details, title and organisation.
We look forward to seeing you at this engaging and interesting seminar. More information, including the final program will be sent following registration.