Date(s) - 30/11/2020 - 04/12/2020
The Local Organising Committee and the Board of PIANC Australia and New Zealand
invite you to attend the inaugural PIANC APAC Conference, 30 Nov – 4 Dec 2020
PIANC APAC is the new biennial forum for all PIANC members from Asia Pacific and beyond.
Non PIANC members are also welcome.
This new biennial conference series will focus on harbours, ports and recreational boating in the Asia Pacific region. Our 2020 Conference theme “Port, harbour and recreational boating for today and tomorrow” reflects the growing worldwide recognition to place the natural environment at the forefront of every project as well as a growing emphasis on a licence to operate.
As most people are aware, non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people have been banned by the Australian Government. Due to the uncertainty regarding future public health controls associated with the COVID-19 virus, we have decided to postpone the Conference and pre-conference symposium on Nature-based Solutions from June 2020 to the last week of November 2020.
The APAC2020 Conference will now be held on 30 November – 4 December, 2020,
with the pre-Conference Symposium taking place on the Monday, followed by the Conference.
Revised Key Dates:
14 August 2020 Abstract Submission (Round 2) Deadline (midnight AEDT)
28 August 2020 Authors advised of Submission Outcome
18 September 2020 Earlybird Registration Closes
25 September 2020 Speaker Registration Deadline
Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation
Coastal Processes and Risk Implications
Dredging and Reclamation
Economic, Social, Legal and Political Aspects
Environmental Aspects and Ecosystem Services
Ports and Marine Facilities – Design and Construction
Recreational Facilities, Waterfront Development and Marinas
Sustainability, and Stakeholder Engagement
Working with Nature
• PIANC APAC 2020 will bring together engineers, planners, scientists and researchers to focus on the technological, scientific, policy, planning and design issues related to our diverse and developing ports, harbours and recreational boating facilities.
• The first in an eminent conference series, PIANC APAC 2020 will be hosted at the Hotel Esplanade in the vibrant city of Fremantle, Western Australia on 30 Nov – 4 Dec 2020.
• During the Conference, PIANC APAC 2020 will incorporate concurrent streams facilitating the opportunity for discussion and networking. A trade exhibition will host the Welcome Reception as well as all morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch breaks. A Gala Conference Dinner is planned with multiple PIANC awards to be presented. In addition, technical tours and networking events will form part of the Conference.
• There will be a pre-Conference Symposium on 30 Nov – 1 Dec – Nature Based Solutions for Ports, Coasts and Estuaries .
We look forward to seeing you at PIANC APAC 2020!
Additional enquiries should be directed to the Conference Secretariat: Encanta Event Management T: +61 3 9863 7609 E: email@example.com
• PIANC APAC 2020 will be hosted in the vibrant port city of Fremantle, Western Australia. A suburb of Perth, Fremantle is the state’s gateway for container ships, cruise liners, ferries and leisure craft
• Bounded by the Swan River and the Indian Ocean, Fremantle has stunning stretches of coastline and riverbanks. It was the first container terminal in Australia.
• Fremantle is a major centre of heritage and culture, with picturesque boardwalks, world class restaurants, cafes and breweries.