Membership and Communications
- Maintain and grow PIANC Australia membership.:
- Maintain an understanding of member needs
- Deliver value to members.
- Raise awareness of PIANC Australia’s brand and role.
- Maintain PIANC Australia website.
Board Members responsible
Katrina Dodd (Membership)
Neil Lawson (Membership)
Peter Engelen (Communications)
- YP Mentoring and Networking Events
- Ongoing development of social media focused around YP Australia & New Zealand Linked-in site
- Develop Regional Active Networks and YP Australia & New Zealand Working Group
- Coordination with YP International including Co-Chair of YP International Duties.
- Attendance at YP Working Group International Event (x2)
- Promoting W-DP Award Nominees, Developing new award for non-C&P Years
- Commission Survey of YPers to determine desired activities
- Distribute YP specific marketing material
Rodney Hancock – Chairperson A-NZ
Tom Shand (Asia-Pacific Region)
- Ensure the outreach objectives of PIANC Australia align with governance and policy frameworks of PIANC
- PIANC Australia representative to attend International AGA and concurrent Council meeting (May)
- Provide input to all issues of significance to Australia for the Council meetings
- Promote and achieve membership on PIANC International Commissions especially MarCom, EnviCom, CoCom, RecCom and YpCom.
- Support PMTA participation and inclusion in PIANC Australia activities
- Support South Pacific stakeholders with workshops through PIANC Australia
- Extend outreach initiatives to include SE Asian Countries in transition
- Continue to deliver the two-yearly Australasian Coasts and Ports conference in conjunction with Engineers Australia and work to improve the quality of this event
- Deliver a technical workshop in the name of PIANC Australia immediately prior to this Conference
- Deliver an annual workshop in partnership with New South Wales Maritime Panel of Engineers Australia
- Deliver workshops in capital cities in the name of PIANC Australia including one or more high profile presenters/speakers on areas of topical interest
- Arrange member site visits to Australasian port and waterway infrastructure to enhance knowledge about contemporary technical issues
Scott Keane – Chairperson
Michel de Vos (responsible for NZ)
Governance and Risk Management
- Oversee for the orderly succession of the Chair and Board Members.
- Align particular Board members to PIANC International Commissions (in particular MarCom, EnviCom, PTGCC, CoCom, FinCom and YPCom).
- Establish Board Committees to develop and implement Action Plans to progress the Strategic Objectives.
- Ensure that the various States and Stakeholder groups are adequately represented on the Board.
- Ensure that benefits are delivered to PIANC members in all capital cities
Will Glamore Chairperson
International Working Groups
- Assess suitable candidates for representing Australia/NZ on international Working Groups
- Assess applications for the Travel Assistance Program
- Encourage suitable topics to submit to the Board of PIANC Australia that would be suitable Working Group subjects
Jason Sprott – Chairperson
- Develop a program for NZ members of PIANC Australia
- With the assistance of others on a case by case basis run a program of technical and networking events in NZ
Michel de Vos – Chairperson